Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Adriana, side view

Adriana, side view by momoo50
Adriana, side view, a photo by momoo50 on Flickr.
 Day 1 of posting artwork in May.  I am trying to overcome the procrastination bug.  Instead of thinking about creativity, I plan on creating everyday until the end of May.  Trying to draw or paint a picture a day. Today is a side view painting.  I have to admit that sometimes I look at the drawings and paintings of others and feel that mine look really juvenile, but considering that I have only been working on this for 6 weeks I am not doing so bad.  Plus, the original looks better than the photo (at least it looks that way to me.).

I got the idea to name my portraits from Dawn Devries-Sokol.  She has been practicing drawing faces and named each portrait.  I thought it was a really great idea. I also may post work I am doing for Lifebook 2013 as I need to catch up.

This idea will also allow me to do something else I have been very lax about - BLOGGING.  Writing is also art and by writing about the pictures I will be able to hone my writing skills and my drawing skills.  Oh boy, this should be so much fun and insightful.

No comments: