Thursday, August 01, 2013

What Does Blogging Mean to Me?

The Lagoon in Venice
 

I woke up this morning thinking about the journey I am about to take.  Participating in a 30 day Blogalong.  It seemed like such a great endeavor and I realized that I will have to put something in this space everyday for 30 days.  Hmmm, what did that mean?  Do I have enough to say? 

The more I thought about it the more I realized that this is another opportunity to make the most of my goal in 2013 to be more creative, to embrace yet another process and learn more about the process and me.

Each day when I rise, I read Scripture and for the past month The Daily Word.  They give me comfort and provide grounding and a serene start to the day.  I also get an inspirational email from Renaissance Unity in Warren, Michigan.  The prayer below was for today and after I prayed it I wondered how can I reach our to everyone through my art?  How can my life be a river, providing sustenance, peace, life to everyone I encounter on a daily basis.  How can my art, both through writing and painting or drawing, be a catalyst in that effort?

I plan to explore these questions during my 30 days of blogging.  In this way blogging will mean, at least to me, a way of working out questions I have about my life and it's purpose.

Dear God,

Whisper to me of Your great love for all beings and help me
spread that love everywhere on my journey.
Remind me to reach out to everyone and draw in the lonely.
May my life be more like a river and less like a reservoir.
So it is.
Amen

I invite you, dear reader, to come along for the journey and see if I really do find some answers. If something touches you or you have a question, feel free to leave a comment.

See you on the journey, Pilgrim

No comments: