Friday, September 29, 2017

Lesson I have learned week 2

Second week of healing and living in the non-dominant hand world.  I am doing something a little different and writing something each day of the week,

Saturday - Sept. 23rd:
  • decided to concentrate on my art as if I only had a left hand.  Today's lesson, it is not possible to paint and not be messy; hence paint on my bandage, so much for trying to keep it squeaky clean.
  • you have to be willing to laugh at yourself.
Sunday - Sept. 24th:
  • exercising fingers to rocking music at church is pretty cool.
  • drawing faces with left hand has a sketchy look which I think I like
  • use my tools (more on this in a later blog)

Monday - Sept. 25:
  • Time to evaluate things and places that no longer suit my needs or represent me
Tuesday - Sept. 26:
  • I cannot knot or crochet with left hand.  boohoo
  • a hot cup of tea before bread is so relaxing
  • paint crackle medium on deli paper and use as collage pieces.
Wednesday - Sept. 27:
  • Healing takes time and you just have to be patient.
Friday - Sept. 29:
  • It is better to be open and honest when making major changes.  It can help to eliminate rumors.
Art work done with non-dominant hand this week:




This has been an interesting week, would not have changed a thing.  until next time.....pilgrim

2 comments:

Von said...

I am so proud of and for you Glenda! These thoughts and artwork are fully evident of the life you lead in our Lord - you make a joyful noise! It’s lovely to see and hear your delight with your messes and successes! Rock on m’lady!! 😍❤️😘🙏🏻💙

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Good on you, Glenda, for tackling a difficult situation with such aplomb. I love the non-dominant look of your work - it's most playful!