Saturday, October 07, 2017

Things I have learned week of Oct. 1, 2017

This is the third installment in the things I have learned that are related to my hand injury.  It is amazing how things has changed or is changing my outlook on many things.

Oct. 1 - The ability to be able to smile in the face of adversity is priceless.

Oct. 2 -

  •  Stitches removed today.  I am normally a woose when it comes to things like this but I put on my big girls pants and was brave.  It did not hurt much.
  • the mass shooting in Las Vegas was very emotionally draining.  So many lives lost and so many injured.  It saddened me greatly
Oct. 3 
  • I was able to crochet today.  It hurt a little, but I have to use my hand as much as possible to get my range of motion back into my fingers.
October 4
  • Washing dishes is a good way to soak my hand and fingers and get exercise. Who knew.
Oct. 5
  • Exercise 6 times a day, wow, made a schedule so I can get it done.  
  • While at PT yesterday I realized how blessed I am  when I see the injuries of others.
  • drawing is good therapy also.  All of the things I like to do will help my hand.
Oct. 6
  • Exercise hurts a lot, but it is worth it.
  • Working on a scarf (knitting) and it is going ok.  
  • I am project managing my exercise plan....it is in my bones.
Oct. 7
  • Last day of what I have learned----everything I like to do, paint, draw, crochet and knit are part of my therapy program.  This is going to be good.  Getting ready to make some cards.

Love this flower, so bright and this is how I feel today.
See you later....pilgrim

3 comments:

Dawn N. said...

Thank you for sharing Glenda - you are always an inspiration to me. :) Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

lovely, positive thoughts! I'm glad you are on the road to recovery! How nice is it that all of the things that you like to do count as therapy? Awesome!

<3 Tamarie Bitgood

Von said...

Isn’t it rather amazing that of all the bits you could have injured, you’ve injured the ones that align with your PT needs so beautifully!?!


Love your faith based optimism! 💙🙏🏻💙