Saturday, May 05, 2018

#100dayproject#100daysofwalking Week 4 April 29-May 5

Day 26



Smells so good

Day 27
Starbucks!!!!!

Day 28
A park on my walk

Day 29
Love the color of this bush

Day 30

Statue on my church campus

Day 31
My Neighborhood


Day 32
Palm tree with green seeds

Day 33
Neighbor's Shrine
Another week has come to a close.  Time goes by so fast.  I changed the same of the second half of the hash tag to #100daysofpurposefulwalking.  A friend remarked that because I do not drive I walk a lot and that is sort of true.  There is a great difference between a quarter mile here and a half mile there; and, walking with a distinct purpose and determined consistency.  When I get up everyday with the purpose of getting in at least miles, I am doing it to be more mindful of my health.  As I move toward my 70th decade, I am more focused in being present in my health regime.

It is amazing what you see as you walk that on other occasions you may miss.  Taking a photo during the walk adds fun to the process as I try to find something different each day.

What I learned this week:

  • I proved to myself that I can get in 4 miles - woo hoo
  • weather is about to change so I better be realistic and follow my 2.5 miles a day regime mostly in the morning
  • Walking with a purpose helps me stay focused.
  • Completed the first 30 days of walking it was an exciting fete.
  • Started on next 30 day installment of my walking, more determined than ever.
Until next week, keep moving friends........

1 comment:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Wow! That is impressive. I have yet to start walking this spring. I'm waiting to get some new footwear. I usually go in the morning too because by the end of the day, I'm wrecked. Love the look of your neighborhood.