Monday, July 01, 2019

Week 4 of Index Card a Day Challenge days 22-28


Week 4 is in the can.  I am learning somethings about myself.  Twice I had to talk myself into continuing and sharing.  Sometimes I just wonder what is the point or if I will create a dud.  Then I have to have a good internal conversation and move forward.  This week was fun actually.  My greatest internal babble related to following the prompts or going off prompt.  I actually did a mixture.  I decided to use one of my original poems (I had to remember it because my book of poems is in Nevada).  I think I did pretty good.  I wanted to use a rose stencil for the Rose prompt because I tell myself I cannot draw a rose; however, I wanted to create a background first.  The background is several layers of washes of red, magenta, orange and yellow.  Then I traced around the rose stencil and it was not what I wanted so I drew in some additional petals and added darker washes.

I really like the interpretation of music and art on the music box card, I think I am going to frame it when I get home.  Last I went back to my abstract art blob series with doodles.  I really need to commit to this series and see where it will take me.



Yellow and Gray abstract - watercolor

Square watercolor blobs with doodles

Music Vibes - abstract of Music Box

Origian Poem

Rose
Doodle Blobs
Architectural Blobs
This daily process is wonderful, however, my challenge is to continue this daily creativity  process once index card a day is over on July 31st.  When I am home with all of my supplies and can sit at my art table and draw and paint.  Give myself permission to do this and not feel guilty about the time I spend doing it.  That is the challenge folks, I am determined to do it, create everyday and have fun.

Until next week.....pilgrim

No comments: