Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Water Falls of Life

Run off from Glaciers cause the most beautiful waterfalls
I have been doing a lot of thinking about how I want to spend the rest of my life.  What do I really want to do?  Work, create, travel, sit at home and watch television, volunteer???? There are so many choices and it can at times cloud your mind.

Have you looked closely at a waterfall?  Have you noticed that there are some that gush forth with great force?  Have you seen the ones that start with great force and whittle down to a trickle?  Then there are the ones that are a continuous small stream meandering slowly down a mountain slope.  All beautiful and all having a grand purpose in the scheme of nature.


A slow meander
My life has been like a waterfall, sometimes gushing for with great force, moving hither and yon, so much to do and so little time.  There have been times when events in my life started out with such great promist only to whitle down to a trickle and being abandoned by the side of the road.  Now in 2012 I prefer for life to be a small continuous stream of wonderful adventures that slowly meander through the remaining time I have left, bringing me joy and beauty.  I prefer to enjoy the simple things of life now and start each day with a smile.


Replenishing the sea
 Each Waterfall ends up in a field of water; a lake, the ocean, a small stream.  It replenishes the water that naturally evaporates.  That is what I want to be to the friends, family, strangers I encounter on my journey.  I want to be able to replenish their spirit by sharing my experiences, my laughter, my love of life; my mistakes and my successes.

I want to be a viable part of the Waterfall of Life.

No comments: