Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chrissy

Chrissy by momoo50
Chrissy, a photo by momoo50 on Flickr.
Art post for today. I have been practicing for nearly two months and I am starting to see a marked improvement. Have not really tried copying a picture. The portraits I am drawing now are from the imagination. Maybe next month the goal will be using pictures as a guide.

I have been able to accomplish another marvel, I am blogging everyday and that is nice.  I mean really nice.  I have had this blog since 2006, that is seven years dear reader and I have not been consistent, truly I have been basically absent on the blog scene and that is a shame.  But now I have a reason, I have a voice, I have seen the need to put my thoughts out into the universe even it I am the only one who sees them.

This morning I sat on the patio and read with a light breeze blowing.  It was exquisite.  Last year I promised myself that I would do what I did today and just did not follow through.  This week I have been in my chair, feet up, watching videos, writing and reading just about everyday and I love it.  Living in Henderson Nevada and facing the west, I have morning cool and afternoon heat, so my time for enjoying this space are early morning and late evening and that is just fine.  My challenge is to keep my pledge to myself and add this process to my self care program.  I am going to be 64 this year and I intend to spend the next 18 months preparing myself physically, spiritually and emotionally for the glorious 65 in November 2014.

What does all of this have to do with the picture posted above?  A lot really and at the same time not much.  It means a lot if I follow through with my goals and plans; not much if I fall back to habits that keep me doubting myself, not doing what I am called to do and making excuses.

Let's see and measure how I do.  Hold me accountable dear reader.  Pilgrim


No comments: