Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Inner peace

Inner peace by momoo50
Inner peace, a photo by momoo50 on Flickr.

I am posting this today because I like it a lot. This is another lesson in using what you have. The painting is related to week 31 of lifebook 2013. Jeanette House was the teacher and she presented three wonderful videos.

I have to tell the truth because I was herring tired of doing faces. Not because they are not fun, but because I was committing a cardinal sin----comparing my work with others. I look at many portraits and they look so life like, in my eyes mine don't. So I have an inner struggle before I draw one.

This project kept calling me so I decided to use one of my journals to give it a try. Lo and behold, I fell in love with the finished product. Now I cannot wait to get home and really work the portrait. It will be so much fun, but in the mean time, I am happy that I tried.

No comments: