Sunday, June 01, 2014

June 1 Day 1 of Art Retreat Staycation




I did this painting nearly 4 years ago as part of a beginning Acrylic painting class at UNLV.  I should get it framed.  There is something about a frame that makes a painting look so special.  Today is June 1st and the first day of what I am calling my Art Retreat Staycation.  I will be home this summer and I wanted to be able to enjoy this time.  I have signed up for a lot of online classes and I need to take time to catch up and create.  Instead of becoming overwhelmed, I decided to make "catching up" as enjoyable as possible.  So I am going to be blogging about my staycation and posting pictures over the course of the next three months.

So, what did I do today?  Facilitated an RCIA class, was lector at 12 noon Mass.  Worked on day one of ICAD (index card art challenge).  This wonderful event will run from June 1 to July 31st.  Everyday I will be completing an art piece on an Index Card.  I will be posting once a week on Saturday Afternoon.  I signed up for Mary Ann Moss' Sketchbookery class which starts July 1st.  I still need to do my day one homework for the Sacred Alter ecourse.  And I need to write in my staycation journal, have to make a list of the classes I need to work on.

All in all it was a great day,  looking forward to tomorrow.  Going to Morning Mass and then home to  Casa Eloisa (a derivative of my middle name) to start my artsy day.

Caio!!!

pilgrim

No comments: