Friday, June 06, 2014

June 6 - Day 6 of Staycation - Busy Day

Goodies for ATC Swap

Today was pretty busy.  Had a little shopping to do and get back home before noon to beat the heat.  The picture above are of the items I am going to use to make Artist Trading Cards at the Snack, Snip and Swap affair at Desert Art Supply this Sunday June 8th.  It is going to be so much fun.  I am going to deconstruct some of the items and so that I can use pieces on my cards.  It is a patriotic theme.

Made more cards today and found cards that I had made previously when I went on a card making marathon.  Can you say forgot where I put them.  Well now I have about 20 cards made more than enough to mail out.

Painting lesson today was using how to create depth on a small space.  I used Derwent Inktense Pencils.  The trick is to use colors in the same family, use the light color first, then outline with the darker color, use the paint brush to pull the color from the edge toward the center, then smooth over with the light color.  I have to say that it works and I love the process.

Going to spend the evening watching one of the videos from the Studying with the Masters Class I am taking.  Tonight, Matisse.

Until tomorrow......pilgrim

No comments: