Saturday, October 25, 2014

Traveling Through Italy and Paris - Venice Part 1

Hail

Paper, I love Paper

View from Water Taxi

Church campus on Burano

Neighborhood in Burano

Laundry day in Burano

Standing on bridge capturing reflection

Lace on Burano - Inspired by original craft

Love the colors of the buildings



Inside Church where we went to a concert

Waiting for concert to begin

Glass Blowing on Murano

Master Glass blower

Standing on Rialto Bridge

View from Bridge

Another view of Rialto Bridge

Public Square on the other side of Bridge

Masks through a window, love the glare

Fresh Fish Market

Colorful Spices

Boats, mode of transportation
Ahhhh, Venice.  I love the colors and the views.  It can be as fast paced or as slow as you want it.  This is part one of the posts on Venice, one of my favorite places to visit.  I would love to return and stay for about a month in an apartment.  Cross the Rialto Bridge and to the the market to get food to cook.  Oh what a joy that would be.

Well until next time......be well dear readers.....Pilgrim

3 comments:

Kathryn Chavez said...

For all the stunning art and color, I think I appreciated Laundry Day the most....it is a reflection of something we are all familiar with, but they still managed to make even THAT a work of art!

Jackie PN said...

Well said Katharyn Chavez!
Glenda, I so love reading and viewing your posts and living vicariously through your trip to Italy! i only hope someday i too may travel here and will call upon you first for a sweet itinerary! xo

Pilgrim said...

Kathryn, I think that is my favorite also. I had wanted to get to Burano so badly just to see the colorful houses and immerse myself in the everyday culture. Thanks so much for you kind words.

Jackie, I will be honored to discuss an itinerary with you when you make your trip to Italy and beyond. I am so happy you are enjoying my posts. I am having a wonderful time writing them.