Monday, October 31, 2016

#inktober Day 31 - A day at Sea

A day at sea before winter


Today is the last day of #Inktober.  I cannot believe how quickly this month went by.  I had such a great time making a little drawing each day for 31 days.  It is amazing how much you can fit on a 4x6 page.

When I first started I was using prompts I found on Creativebug as part of their 31 days of creating classes.  After a while I realized that I did not need this help.  I could think of things I wanted to draw.

Lessons learned:

  1. the swatch of color was a nice way to add texture and contrast to the black ink
  2. drawing small can be fun
  3. I need to learn how to photograph my drawing a little better
  4. I really can draw, I just need to take my time
  5. you can create everyday regardless of you have an hour or 10 minutes, do something
  6. i have to keep up this practice.
Well I am putting my Inktober book up until next year.  Now it is time to work in my new Nanojoumo journal starting tomorrow.


2 comments:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Very cool. I think I will try Inktober next year. I like that you have a journal just for that. What is Nanojuomo? I will be doing NaNoWrimo this month. Have a good one.

Pilgrim said...

NanoJoumo is National Non-stop journaling Month