Monday, January 09, 2017

31 day Blog Challenge Day 9: One last look

Goodbye Christmas Village
Today the final vestiges of my Christmas Village came down.  Two months and one week of the beautiful life will be but a memory tomorrow.  Everything is stored away and the floor has been vacuumed.  I was truly sad to see it go; but new year, new things to do.

Feeling recharged and energized today.  Fell asleep yesterday about 6:00 pm and pretty much slept straight through until 4:30 am this morning.  This is going to be a busy week, I have a meeting of some type everyday until Friday.  I am also prepping for a class that I have to teach at church on Sunday Morning.  But, I have promised myself that I am still going to make time for some art even if it only 15 minutes.


Preparing for Paint Mojo

Christmas Tree Village has been replaced by a 30x40 canvas that I plan to work on during the Paint Mojo Class which will be taught by Tracy Verdugo.  I think I am going to work on a few smaller canvases; but this one which I have named Carter, will be my main focus, not so much to finish but to have as a visual representation of things I have learned and adjusted to make my own.

Starting Jane Davenport's free class tomorrow.  Should be fun.

see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Von said...

Oh I can't wait to see your upcoming classes painting projects! I just know you will have a ball and learn at least a dozen really important things!

Pilgrim said...

Von, thanks so much for the encouragement. I am excited to take the classes and I am determined to really immerse myself in the process and not talk myself out of it. 2017 is the dawn of a new me.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love your ambition, Glenda - so much going on and full speed ahead for the new year. Congratulations!