Wednesday, March 08, 2017

What I have been up to

Been a few days since I posted.  It has been really busy around here with a lot of church related activities.  I have been able to squeeze in some art time.

For the Birds

The idea behind this 5x7 journal page was a swap hosted by Gisele Grenier.  The premise for this page was to use the Movie The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock as inspiration.  This background for this page is a wash of black and white acrylic paint.  The bare trees are drawn free hand and the birds are an assortment of Stencil girl product birds.  I forget that I can use stencils in my art projects and this one had great results.

Human Lung
the heart

The lung and the heart are works in progress, they need to be painted.  I am participating in a 21 day challenge that seemed really interesting.  It is call 21 embody and each day for 21 days you draw and paint a body part.  These represent day 1 and 2 and I will spend the next couple of hours painting them and drawing day 3's body part.  I tell you this is really interesting especially since I did not think I could really draw a realistic heart, who knew!!!!

So, I am still working through the Paint Mojo class and will post some of that by Saturday.  

see you soon, maybe tomorrow.


No comments: