Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog-a-long day 22/30 - Nothing Much to say


Some days there just is not a lot to say.  The picture above was done in March 2012 as part of a class with Orly Avineri.  It is a piece from a cereal box painted with layers of paint and then a sponge replica of my hand was covered with molding paste so that when removed there sat an impression.  It was painted, and then I made up the poem that is inside:

This little piggy was the prompt we were given resulting in:

This little piggy went to surgery
this little piggy
had radiation.....

This little piggy
has spent time healing
This little piggy has HOPE!

The poem was to relate to something we had experienced and I chose my year long journey through breast cancer in 2011.  No, this will not be a long post today, but I still have HOPE as I get ready to get the latest monthly installment of medicine that I must take for 3 and a half more years.



No comments: