Sunday, October 14, 2018

#Inktober 2018 Week 2 Oct. 8-14 a study of Gustav Klimt

I am not a professional artist by any stretch of the imagination.  I am still learning how to use various media and getting comfortable finding my artistic voice.  I like to participate in challenges like Inktober because it encourages me to art everyday at least for 31 days.  I decided this year to try and study the work of masters and translate it to pen and ink along with color.  This week I studies Gustav Klimt.  I am not so much intrigued with his portraits as I am with his use of gold and doodle like marks.  I found a couple of key points about his work.  

Key Ideas

Klimt first achieved acclaim as a decorative painter of historical scenes and figures through his many commissions to embellish public buildings.
Klimt was one of the most important founders of the Vienna Secession in 1897, and served as its initial president, though he was chosen less for his completed oeuvre - relatively small at that point - than his youthful personality and willingness to challenge authority. His forcefulness and international fame as the most famous Art Nouveau painter contributed much to the Secession's early success - but also the movement's swift fall from prominence when he left it in 1905.

Two key points I found on an analysis of the artwork of Gustav Klimt.  

Below are photo's of my paintings for this week.







This week required a lot of thought and imagination as again, I did not want to just copy work, rather put my own spin on it.  It was a fun week and can I say, I love the gold.  There are only 6 photo's this week because the last painting took me two days to complete.  Until next week
pilgrim.

No comments: