Monday, October 29, 2018

#Inkttober Week 4 Oct. 22 to October 28 - Georgia O'Keeffe


This past week I chose to study one of my favorite artists Georgia O'Keeffe.  She is most known for her flowers and I was intrigued to find out that her scope was very wide.  She used pastels and watercolor in the beginning of her career.  She loved photo's and used techniques related to photography such as cropping photo's of flowers to show a segmented portion of a petal and use it to develop her painting.  She rarely painted portraits.  She in later years oil became her go to medium.

Georgia painted landscapes, scenes from her beloved New Mexico, skulls of dead animals, abstracts and of course flowers.  This is one painter that I would with whom I would have loved to discuss life and art.








There are three days left in October and inktober will be done for another year.  See you in three days.......pilgrim

No comments: