Monday, July 26, 2021

Cooking With Tina Walker Stencil Girl Collaboration


This is the second time I have participated in a collaboration.  It was both fun and terrifying for me.  Fun because it is nice to stretch myself and terrifying because I had to do the one thing I resist most of the time----draw a face.  But, but, but, I did not give up. In a sense of true transparency, this is my second take on this project.  I completely messed up my first try.  How?  I was using colors that were not in my wheel house and I could not get it together.  Because we had a generous amount to time to work on this project I gave myself permission to start over and use some of my favorite colors.


The first photo is the "baked" painting after adding all of the ingredients.  I like it because I stuck with it and enjoyed the process.  Below is a chronology of the weeks and the addition of ingredients added by the week.  Enjoy....


Finished "meal" from Cooking With Tina
Stencils used in this project  are from Stencil Girl Products and can be found at www.stencilgirlproducts.com.  5823-walker  Gaelic Angel  and  May 2021 - Shaw Adams Mash-Up! - Mary Beth Shaw & Debi Adams  circles from the 9x12 stencil 

Week 1 Add two acrylic colors
Week 1 ingredient Add two acrylic colors.  I used Turquoise (who doesn't love turquoise) and light pink.  I used a baby wipe to paint the colors for a smooth effect.

Week 2 add collage material
Week 2 ingredient  Add collage material.  I added sheet music and a painted doily

Week 3 add a stencil repeat here I used 
Week 3 ingredient add repeat pattern with stencil. How perfect that the stencil club offering was a set of repeat pattern mashup stencils.  These stencils are so cool and they can be cut apart for ease of use.

Week 4 add scribble/doodles
Week 4i ngredient add scribble/doodles.  Added lines to the circles of the stencil repeat and some tods and dashes in the upper left hand corner.

Week 5 opposites here I used black and white
Week 5 ingredient  Opposites.  Okay, I took the easy way out here black and white.

Week 6 draw a face.
Week 6 ingredient draw a face.  This one was hard for me. Why?  because I shy away from faces.  Probably if I practiced more I would improve, but instead just avoid them like a mosquito bite.

Week 7 add the color red
Week 7 ingredient Add the color red.  A red sweater for my girl hit the spot.

Week 8 Stencil with a Tina Walker Stencil
the stencil I used was Gaelic Angel
Week 8 ingredient stencil with a Tina Walker Stencil.  I used the stencil in a couple of places because there was so much on the page I wanted it to be seen.  The Angel did not come out as crisp as I would have liked, but, I still like the stencil effect.

Week 9 Add Ink, I added ink splots
Week 9 ingredient Add Ink.  I used Liquitex Acrylic ink in violet and dropped splots and let them run.

Week 10 Add Words I will explain why I added the words I used
Week 10 ingredient: add words.  I added the words Beautiful World because whenever I have an opportunity to create, the world becomes more beautiful.  

Week 11 Cover something up
Week 11 ingredient Cover something up,  I covered up the sheet music collage with floral collage.  I love flowers somewhere on a page that I create.

Week 12 Add finishing touches
Week 12 ingredient:  Add finishing touches.  I added a flower on the sweater, some color to her hair.  I should give her a name...Charlotte.  White splashes and some pink paint rubbed in the corners.

So 12 weeks of adding ingredients, not knowing how each one will mesh and adapting to the layer below.  I had fun and learned a lot.  

Thanks Tina for the challenge.

pilgrim








 

No comments: