Saturday, May 28, 2022

Thoughts about my 100 day project Experience








 The pictures above are some of my favorite cards made during the 100 day project.  I am so happy that I completed the project.  My goal for this year was to create 100 greeting cards.  I cut my own cards to the size of 5x7 on watercolor paper.  I learned some marvelous lessons;

1.  Hot Press watercolor paper is better for making cards.  It is smooth and pens perform better when outlining or doing line work

2.  Repeating a process for 100 days really enhances your skills.

3.  I became more adventurous as the days progressed.

4.  I prefer watercolor to acrylic when designing cards

5.  I actually learned a lot about layering and shadows

6.  You will get tired but you have to persevere.

7.  It helped me to stay focused and not jump from one project to another without completing anything

8.  I really have to stop doubting myself.

9.  I need to start writing poems again for cards, I used to do that and stopped

10.  I am so proud of myself.  Pat on the back


Was it worth committing to 100 days? Yes.  Will you do it again? Yes.


Until next time.....pilgrim

No comments: