Thursday, December 19, 2019

Not just the year...the decade is almost gone

2013 - First attempt at drawing person

2016 - Month of drawing faces

In 2012 I took my first LifeBook class.  That year I did not do many of the lessons or post anything because I was sorely intimidated by all of the beautiful work.  In 2013 I signed up again and this time I actually completed all of the lessons and posted my work.  The photo above is of the first lesson where we were supposed to draw our Art Fairy Queen.  I tell you the truth, that was a real stretch for me.  The second photo is of a sketch I drew in 2016 as part of a month of drawing faces that is held every February and September.

I can see the stark improvement in a three year time period.  It makes me laugh really and I have determined that I am not a fan of drawing or painting portraits because shading gives me a real problem, I am just not comfortable with the process.

I started my art journey at ArtFest in April 2010 and I think I have come a long way but I stall need more practice and more confidence.  Tam LaPorte posted this morning about her art journey over the past ten year and it is really interesting.

As I spend the last days of 2019 and the final days of this decade, I am musing over my art journey and how it parallel's my life's journey over the past 10 years.  One thing that I will leave you with today is a message I have been getting since my birthday..."the past is gone, the future is not here...live in the presence of today and make the most of it."  The 2013 artist is gone, I do not know what 2020 and beyond will bring in the way of art, but for today, I have to finish the Christmas Cards I am designing.  I am having a good time.

Until tomorrow....

No comments: